inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Monday, October 3, 2011

new york city.





"There are roughly three New Yorks. There is, first, the New York of the man or woman who was born here, who takes the city for granted and accepts its size and its turbulence as natural and inevitable. Second, there is the New York of the commuter— the city that is devoured by locusts each day and spat out each night. Third, there is the New York of the person who was born somewhere else and came to New York in quest of something.


Commuters give the city its tidal restlessness; natives give it solidity and continuity; but the settlers give it passion."

-E.B. White Here is New York

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm definitely the third. I love that city. So. Much.

Kayla Poole said...

One of my favorites. Oh our city.

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

love the new york quote. these pictures have me craving a trip to new york! i havent been there in years!

Fash Boulevard said...

sorta ready to book a ticket. lol. wonderful post, love. thanks for sharing. I'd love if you check out my latest outfit post. It's all about simplistic drama and one of my ultra favorite fall trends. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

A Crimson Kiss said...

Such a wonderful quote. I feel terrible when I bring John in-he definitely gets spit out.