inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Friday, October 7, 2011

JR in Brooklyn

Back in June I wrote about the creative visionary and street artist JR's presence in New York and the Through a Mother's Eyes project he brought to life in the South Bronx. I am a huge fan of his community-driven artwork and the bold statements made through each project he does. His latest community art installation, the Inside Out Project, is a beautiful global participatory art project that "transforms messages of personal identity into pieces of artistic work... to discover, reveal and share the untold stories and images of people around the world."

I have been loving seeing the different images documented from participants worldwide and was pleasantly surprised and thrilled to stumble upon an installation that is a block away from where I now work in Brooklyn. It completely made my day: 


You can find out more about the Inside Out Project, and even upload a photo to participate yourself, here.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

This is fantastic. I'm totally going to have to participate and upload a photo of myself. And then maybe I'll walk around Brooklyn and see if I can figure out where these are (okay, Brooklyn is big, but maybe there's more info on JR's site). I really love that there are so many artists working on creative projects like this one. I was never really "into" art when I was younger, but now...I think it's one of those things that really makes our world beautiful and vibrant.

Fash Boulevard said...

this is amazing. so beautiful and powerful. adore this post. I hope you had an amazing weekend, love. If you get a second I've got a brand new outfit post. I'd love to hear what you think. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

A Crimson Kiss said...

Wow-how incredible.

kimbirdy said...

those are amazing!! what a great artist. i also love community-driven art. there was a lot of that up in san francisco, but not as much in LA. i guess i should maybe not complain about that so much as get out there and start making an impact. thanks for sharing this beautiful inspiration!