inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Monday, September 19, 2011

Dead Horse State Park


After waking up in Arches National Park, I did not think that Utah could have amazed me more. However, my brother and I found the breathtaking beauty of Utah's landscape to be far from over when we arrived at Dead Horse State Park, which was only about a 20 mile drive from Arches. 

Dead Horse State Park (with its quite disturbing name) is one of the most vast & beautiful spots I have ever been to. The main viewpoint looks out on the awe-inspiring expanse of Canyonlands National Park, the surrounding area, and the snake-like twist of the Colorado River. Besides the potential for an amazing photographic opportunity, I found it was the perfect spot for a little yoga (plus, my legs were in major need from all of the hours spent in the car...)


In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. Aristotle

3 comments:

A Crimson Kiss said...

WOW-these photos are absolutely magnificent!

Kayla Poole said...

whoa! I need you to be my personal yoga guru. stunning stunning.

Brandi said...

You are seriously amazing doing those yoga poses on that rock like that! This place is amazing, even with the slightly disturbing name (I wonder what's the history behind that) and your photos are beautiful.