inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Thursday, August 18, 2011

new things brewing.



Wooohooo! I am so excited to announce that I will be starting a new job with HOLSTEE once I return back to New York City! I cannot think of a company that I would be more proud to be a part of than this one. I have long been a fan of their Manifesto and am so impressed by the authentic passion that this wonderful team of people has for their work, for the environment, and for a life lived fully. Aside from HOLSTEE's beautiful Manifesto (that has been hitting the airways like wild), HOLSTEE produces and curates lifestyle goods, designed with a conscience. Their values as a company are authentic & outstanding and I am so excited and energized by what they are all about.

Especially after reflecting on my ideals and values for what I would like my next job to contain, (see: 'On Work') I am so thrilled for how perfectly this job matches those values. I will be the "Community Engagement Officer" for HOLSTEE, which will include running their social media outlets and posting to the blog.  I am completely stoked because this community is amazing- I am continuously blown away by the people that HOLSTEE attracts and am privileged to be a part of it.

As I am tying up everything in Oregon, I am so thankful for the opportunity to have lived out here and every chance that I have had to explore, learn, discover new things, and grow. I just re-read my 'On Living in Oregon' post, and it is so wonderful to be able to reflect on all the amazing things of this past year. Working with PeaceJam through my Americorps position has been such an amazing experience and I have met so many beautiful people (and have been so encouraged by the youth that have been inspired through the program). While I will miss many aspects of living out West, it is with much excitement that I get ready to hit the road to get back to Brooklyn and start a new adventure. Exciting times, for sure.

9 comments:

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

Wow, congratulations, Mary! What an absolutely amazing opportunity, job, journey, future, etcetera.. etcetera, ha! I'm so happy that you're happy and am so happy for you! Off to read your first blog post over there! Love the picture of you on the hay bail. :)

Kayla Poole said...

Look out world, Mary Shouvlin is ON FIRE. Can't wait to watch you shine, sweet girl. Holstee is lucky to have you (you listening Holstee?! I know this lady and she is awesome a thousand times over).

Congratulations!

Also, if you get to work from home, I'm jealous :)

A Crimson Kiss said...

What exciting news, and such an AMAZING new position-it sounds like the perfect fit! Congratulations, darling, and thank you for the impossibly sweet birthday wishes!

xoxoxoxox, Lena

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Congrats on the new job, that's awesome! You definitely seemed like you really experienced Oregon during your time there (and got some beautiful photos), but congrats on the end of one chapter and the start of a new one! :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic on the job!!!!
You are such a beautiful person.
Good to see you winning girl.
YAY! :-) Emily

Sarah Severns said...

im so proud of you!!
you will be a wonderful fit.
love love love you.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

congrats! time for a new adventure?

Brandi said...

Congrats on the new job and the move back to Brooklyn! Holstee is a fantastic company! I'm hoping that when my job search is over, I find myself in Brooklyn too. Fingers crossed! For the time being, I get to chill in NJ.

Mandy said...

Congratulations, lady! Holstee is an incredible company - I'm sure they'll be amazing to work for. I'm moving to Manhattan next weekend - we should get a drink in the city some time!