inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Friday, June 17, 2011

weekend getaway !


This weekend I am off to Pennsylvania for my family reunion! I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while as it only happens every four or five years. This year, family from across the country are all heading to a resort in the Poconos where I used to go on family vacations as a kid.  I haven't been back to this spot in over ten years, so it will be interesting to see what I remember.

Above are two photos of my dad and I from one of those trips. You may not be able to tell, but I am winking in both of them. I went through a two-year stage as a child where, upon learning how to wink, I winked in every single photo taken of me. It is pretty hilarious looking through old albums to notice it.

I am so excited to spend quality time with family (especially since I haven't seen most of them since Christmas or before) and am glad to be able to be with my dad for Father's Day! Not to mention how fun these family get-togethers are: the Irish can get quite rowdy and we certainly are very Irish. 

A great weekend & Happy Father's Day to you!

P.S. I am making it my mission to retake a picture of these photos in their original location for Dear Photograph! We shall see if it will be worthy to submit! :)

10 comments:

The Everything List said...

um this winking thing is adorable! i love it. maybe i can start doing that in every photograph. although i am sure a 24 year old doing it is not nearly as cute as a 2 year old doing it.

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

A Crimson Kiss said...

What an adorable set of photos! Have a wonderful weekend, and a Happy Father's Day!

Jennifer Young said...

have the most fun! such cute pictures ;). loved that blog post about dear photograph too...can't wait to see yours!
j.

Stephanie said...

Great pictures!! Hope you had fun at the reunion!

Kayla Poole said...

omg, no wonder you're such a good winker now! hope you are having the best time in PA, darling dearest.

Kimia Kline said...

so sweet! i love old photos, especially with my parents.

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

your winking story is so adorable! have a great time at your family reunion!

this free bird said...

I love the pics with your dad...hope you had a great trip :)

xo,
Carrie

Bel said...

Haha that is so cute! i think i didn't know how to wink till i was 5 hahha.

<3 Belly B

www.StarHughes.com said...

Haha the winking is soo cute!!! I still can't wink very well. I winked to my boyfriend tonight and he asked if I could try it without the flinching please :)
Star Hughes Living