inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

family .



It was so great being with family this weekend. Everyone had a really wonderful time being able to catch up and spend time simply enjoying each other's company. The reunions are a great way to pull everyone from their busy lives to be in the same place for a weekend, which is pretty hard to do considering how spread out many family members are.

When my great-great grandfather came over from Ireland, he made it of strong importance that family gatherings like this be carried on, and it really is amazing to see it carried out as the family has gotten so big (name-tags are necessary and detailed explanations on how one person is related to another can get quite confusing. It also makes it difficult that everyone seems to be named either Patrick, Joe, Mike, Mary, or Paige).  For myself and my cousins in this younger generation, it is neat to see the family history celebrated, and to feel like I am able to know this well-loved patriarch whom I am too young to have met. On that level, it is truly a gift to listen to older family members talk about what a wonderful man he was--telling stories of his integrity, strong work ethic, and compassion for other people. I think he would be glad to know that we have such a fun time in his honor:



PS. I failed on my attempt at getting those old pictures! Its hard to be nostalgic when the resort decides to bulldoze the duck pond to extend the place! But I will get something to submit somehow, one of these days. Hope you had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

What a sweet post, I love the pictures of your family! Seems like a fun bunch! :)

Kayla Poole said...

va va voomin' in your hot little red dress! so happy you had fun with your family.

Brandi said...

You have such a beautiful family -- they look like they must be so much fun to be around. I can't wait to get back to NJ to spend some time with mine (even if they do often drive me crazy).

www.StarHughes.com said...

Sounds like such a great time! These are great pictures too - beautiful family!
Star Hughes Living

motorcycle decals said...

I love the pictures of your family...beautiful family.....

Meghann Shouvlin said...

You captured the true feelings and importance of the weekend. It was so great to be at Seven Springs with all of the family and meet everyone.