inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Thursday, June 16, 2011

the beauty of a bike ride.


"40% of all urban travel is 2 miles or less, and 90% of that is by car. Fight climate change simply by riding your bike. Sure, we appreciate that long ago the automobile changed the way the world works; but like anything, it’s best in moderation." -Clif Bar 2 Mile Challenge

Check out the GOOD Guide to Biking for the Planet
and join the challenge to choose to bike instead of drive whenever possible.
[Also, did you see this video?]

6 comments:

www.StarHughes.com said...

I love this challenge! And I love bike riding. I wish it was more of a possibility for me, but driving 45 minutes to school each day wouldn't bode well on the bike!
Star Hughes Living

cailen ascher said...

if i lived in a city, i would totally ride my bike (or just walk) places. unfortunately, we live out in the country, so in order to get anywhere in less than 2 hours, driving is kinda imperative...

cute blog - i'm your newest GFC follower!

cheers,
cailen
www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

A Crimson Kiss said...

Oh boy-biking in SF is sure to give you a fabulous rear end! But this does make me ache to get on my beach cruiser and feel the wind in my hair!

Unknown said...

yes, yes, yes!!! this is so true. thanks for sharing this :)

kimbirdy said...

yay! my hubby bikes everywhere {even though it's totally scary in LA}. unfortunately i work too far to bike. when i moved to san francisco though, i sold my car and walked everywhere. after 6 years living there i had killer calves and i felt so free of all stress {walking 2 miles to get home made my crazy work day melt away}. i tried to bike when i could get away with {aka-when i didn't mind showing up hot and sweaty from all those hills. :)}. i wish i lived in a more bike-friendly city now, but i think it's slowly getting better. if we all unite, we can make it happen. thanks for spreading the word about this. leaving the cars at home is so good for us in so many ways!

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

How did I miss that GOOD article before? Heading on over to check it out just as soon as I submit this comment. Thanks for pointing it out and being so pro-bikes, Mary! : )