inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Monday, May 16, 2011

quote of the day


"And here is a doctrine at which you may laugh. It seems to me, that love is the most important thing in the world. It may be important to great thinkers to examine the world, to explain and despise it. But I think it is only important to love the world, not to despise it, not for us to hate each other, but to be able to regard the world and ourselves and all beings with love, admiration and respect."
-Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse1951

3 comments:

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

It looks as though you and I both had respect on the mind today. :) I need to read Siddartha! Have you read it? What were your thoughts other than there are good words to take out of it? Ha!

EGriff said...

without love there is no hope, without hope life has no purpose. Thank you for sharing this with me today. i needed it! Your blog is truely inspiring...
E-Griff

Brandi said...

That book really changed me when I first read it. Such a beautiful quote and an inspiring story.