inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

oregon summer bucket list.




Thanks to the lovely Jillian of Cornflake Dreams and her prompt for a blog linkup of summer bucket lists, I have written down the list that I have been making in my head for quite some time now. Granted I have been looking forward to this summer more than usual, as I have been eager to break into full-on exploration mode considering my limited time living out West. There is so much potential for wonderful outdoor adventures in Oregon, yet with the weather being rainy a good amount of the year, I have been eagerly anticipating the summer sun and the ability to get outside.

the list includes:
3. camp out at crater lake.
4. visit deschutes brewery (and explore bend, oregon).
5. go kayaking.
6. fly a kite at the shore.
8. get to tastings at the local wineries
9. see a timbers game
10. many long bike rides & outdoor yoga.
11. as many local hikes as possible.
12. take full advantage of the summer farmer's market.
13. bbq's, watermelon, lemonade
14. catch the outdoor concerts and free outdoor movie nights
15. go berry picking
16. unplug often, read more.

and, most importantly: soak. it. all. in.
because after all that I pack up my little car and make my way back east!

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

Going to the natural hot springs sound like fun!!

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

perfect summer list! i visited crater lake a few years ago and, oh my gosh, that place is beautiful!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Kayaking and visiting the natural hot springs sounds grand!! Very great list, indeed!

Holly said...

the organic brewer's festival is a fun one! I live in portland & LOVE all the beer related activites that take place in the summer! :)

The Everything List said...

a great list! and thanks for sharing your skin cancer story with me. it is amazing how i hear more and more young people who have been affected by this - it isn't just something that can happen way in the future. i will be making sure to keep taking the necessary precautions.

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

m_b said...

you have such an in depth list! it is so great! i love #8, 10, 14 and 16 the most!
lovely blog!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

great list! this makes me want to visit portland again!! my fiance is obsessed with the city (and soccer!) we're going to try to see the chicago fire vs timbers game in july :) thanks for linking up !xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

www.StarHughes.com said...

I love your summer bucket list!!! I'm adding some of your ideas to my own - I am dying to go berry picking! And I can't get enough of outdoor concerts and movie nights. Crater Lake sounds amazing too!
Star Hughes Living

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

Great list, Mary! I hope you get to them all!

I've been wanting to do an overall bucket list for ages now, but I worry I'll be too upset if I don't accomplish something. Or.. who knows. For someone who loves lists so much, I'm surprised I don't have a million bucket lists, ha!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous picture and great list! Brewers festival sounds so fun! And thanks for sharing that link list - I played along :)

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

Soak it all in....I couldn't agree more :)

Marina @ Yummy Mummy said...

So many wonderful Summertime adventures to be had in Oregon. I used to go on river rafting vacations with my family down the Rogue River in Oregon when I was growing up and have such fond memories. Wonderful bucket list! Thanks for visiting Yummy Mummy today so I could find your beautiful blog.

Sarah said...

Oh my god that festival sounds amazing. I can't wait to see the picture of Mt. St. Helens - that will be SO amazing!

Kayla Poole said...

I have a bucket list in my head. I just have to write it down. Love yours.

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

So I just found your blog via the bucketlist link up, and I'm so glad I did because I love finding Oregon bloggers! My husband is originally from Portland, and we're hoping to relocate out to Oregon in the next few years...we were actually just out there last weekend, and it seems like there is always so many beautiful things to see and do! Xoxo

www.inthepinkandgreen.blogspot.com

Jaime said...

This sounds like a super fun summer list! I'm so down with lemonade and watermelon!