inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Thursday, June 23, 2011

the elements of creativity.



I am loving Kirby Ferguson's brilliant 'Everything is a Remix' series. This is Part 3--a fascinating look into creativity and how innovations really happen. It truly speaks to the power of  gathering inspiration from other people, noting creativity and innovation as a remix of ideas that have come before us and been tweaked. What do you think?

Catch the other two parts of Ferguson's series here (part 4 debuts in the fall).

7 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Yes I agree but I also think creativity takes practice and passion. It's also knowing when something is a good idea and acting on it :) What do you think?

Vasu said...

truly amazing video...i like it

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

A Crimson Kiss said...

This is genius. Some of my favorite composers are the ones that admit to stealing from themselves and their peers-creativity comes from everywhere, so of course it's cyclical!

Fash Boulevard said...

hey Mary. so glad I came across your blog. I'm following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

www.StarHughes.com said...

Wow, such a brilliant video! Thanks for sharing!
Star Hughes Living

Pearl Westwood said...

Fantastic you have great taste, I cant wait for some summer roadtrips and who doesnt love Ace of Base!! I have been enjoying your blog and am following, hope you will too, Pearl x

http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/

Brandi said...

Mary, this is such a wonderful find. I can't wait to watch the other videos in the series. I'm seriously inspired. And I think what was said about copying and originality is true. You have to know what there is in order to be original.