inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Monday, April 4, 2011

dr. king


injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
a nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense
than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.
life's most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?
darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. 
hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-dr. martin luther king jr. ( january 15, 1929 - april 4, 1968)

every now and then I think about my own death, and I think about my own funeral. every now and then I ask myself, 'what is it that I want said?' I'd like somebody to mention that day, that martin luther king jr., tried to give his life serving others. I'd like for somebody to say that day, that martin luther king jr., tried to love somebody."  
- from his sermon "the drum major instinct"

No comments: