inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Friday, July 29, 2011

off to Crater Lake!

I have been eagerly anticipating this weekend for a long time now and it has finally arrived. The snow on the mountain roads has melted and the short window of a season to explore Crater Lake National Park in Southern Oregon is here. Crater Lake is a massive caldera lake formed almost 8,000 years ago after the collapse of the volcano Mt. Mazama. It is the deepest lake in the United States and considered to be the cleanest large body of water in the World, surrounded by old-growth forests and meadows.

I have been in awe of the photographs of its crystal clear deep cerulean blue water and I am so excited to get to see it with my own eyes. We are heading off to camp by the lake with some friends for a weekend full of hikes, swimming, and campfire stories. With my time in Oregon nearing its end, this is a weekend to be treasured. Enjoy yours!



I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you can see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center. [ Kurt Vonnegut ]

12 comments:

Dionne said...

How gorgeous! Enjoy your time there, I am sure it'll be so amazing!

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

Sounds amazing! Your weekend getaways are always so perfect! Have a wonderful time!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Oh my gosh what a stunning view that is!! Have fun and I am totally jealous just gonna throw that out there :)

Kayla Poole said...

Enjoy, my dear. I'll be eagerly awaiting your photos and tales next week.

Brandi said...

This is definitely going on my list of places to visit. Have a wonderful time there this weekend!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

have fun. take lots of pics ! I am planning on going out there in a few weeks :)

A Crimson Kiss said...

This looks gorgeous-I know you'll have the most amazing time!

AJ said...

beautiful! absolutely beautiful! Wish to visit this place some day..

Apurva
http://ajstates.blogspot.com

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

crater lake is so beautiful - i've only visited once, but LOVED it, especially the water! have a great time!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Oh my gosh, I need to go here like now! This looks incredible. Enjoy and take tons of photos please :)

kimbirdy said...

it looks absolutely beautiful there and sounds like the most perfect way to spend a weekend. i hope you have/had the best time!

www.StarHughes.com said...

BEAUTIFUL! I loved seeing all of your pictures from the trip! Sounds like an amazing time!