inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Monday, June 27, 2011

still life.


I really like the way Miky Wolf did this video for The Decemberists' song "Down by the Water." Have you ever seen the French short film La Jetée? I was reminded of it by this video because the whole film consists of still photographs (except for one fascinating shot near the end). It is the only film I have seen where this technique is used, and it is really interesting. If you are ever in the mood for a dark, subtitled, love-of-photography filled movie, I'd recommend it.

Hope you had a great weekend! Ours was full of picnics in the park, organic beer, and live music--can't complain! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

www.StarHughes.com said...

Sounds like such an interesting movie! I'll have to add that to my Netflix queue :)