inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Friday, May 20, 2011

friday musings .


How awesome is this illustrated chart of seasonal fruits and veggies? It serves as a guide to what is in season within a 200 mile radius of New York by Tyler Mintz of Brooklyn's Foodstalk, a campaign for local foods.  (Check out more on Foodstalk and eating local at their website.) I'd love to have this in my kitchen, hopefully it catches on and more cities start making these creative ways of spreading knowledge. You can see the full version here.

So, how are you spending what could possibly be the last evening on Earth? I myself am making a big dinner for Mike & his cousin & girlfriend visiting from St. Louis (a last supper, perhaps? will splurge on the good bottle of wine). Will be listening to This American Life's 'Stories of the Apocalypse' while cooking. Hope you have a great evening (catch an End of the World Party- Portland's East Burn is serving Champagne half price). And, if life as we know it does indeed continue on, I would recommend checking out this thought-provoking article: on a Well-Lived Life. Have a good weekend!

ps. I graduated from college exactly a year ago tomorrow, how strange. How fast a year flies by, and I remember it like it was yesterday (and do miss so much of those days, for sure). Did not think then that I would be doing what I am doing now, or living where I am. Guess that's how life works, with its opportunities, decisions, experiences, and flying days. Congratulations to the Class of 2011, may you find excitement, adventure, and continued learning in whatever life brings you next. 

2 comments:

Kayla Poole said...

Oh man, Fordham love like whoa. It's been three for me, missy. Craziness!

As for the world ending? See ya on the other side ;)

Brandi said...

Mary, I LOVE this poster so much. I really think I'll have to buy myself to hang in my future New York loft. I always try and eat seasonally, so think would be a great reminder.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my dear!