inspired adjective
- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

bicycle love.


Wheels of Change : How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom
I just came across this fascinating new book out from National Geographic.
Adds an interesting historical connection bit to my (already strong) appreciation of bikes!

As much as we love bike culture and everything bikes stand for, we may have 
underestimated the profound significance of the bicycle as a cultural agent of change. -the atlantic

via lexisierra



Let me tell you what I think of bicycling… 
I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride on a wheel. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. 

-Susan B. Anthony 1896






cate blanchett by annie leibovitz

1 comment:

Noel said...

http://downtownfrombehind.tumblr.com/

she only shoots people on bikes. so simple yet so great.